A Barback helps bartenders provide quick and efficient service to customers. Before the bar opens, a Barback stocks the bar station with liquor, straws, napkins and garnishes to prepare for service. During service hours, they clean up the bar, remove glasses and bottles, change kegs, refill ice bins and restock bar stations. After the bar closes, a Barback helps bartenders with closing the bar, cleaning, removing garbage and restocking. This position is hourly & FLSA Non-exempt.
- Friendly demeanor
- Ability to stand for a long time and move quickly.
- Understanding of hygiene and food safety rules
- Good communication
- Multi-tasking abilities
- A dedication to teamwork
- Ability to remain calm and professional in a fast-paced work environment.
- Prior Barback experience preferred.
- Stocking the bar with liquor, syrups, glasses, napkins, and other items before, during and after service
- Preparing garnishes, refilling ice wells, and changing beer kegs
- Cleaning up spills, removing glassware and organizing the counter
- Keeping the bar area neat and clean
- Coordinating with managers, kitchen staff and security personnel to ensure efficient service.
- Handling urgent situations such as broken glasses and clogged drains
- Other duties as assigned.
- Contribute daily to the entire service team.